Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 13:29:13 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Agnieszka's GSoC formats

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 10:41:57PM +0200, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
> also argon won't be merged because I was working on old version and
> yescrypt will be changed, right?

Yes, but if you intend to update them to final versions before we make a
numbered jumbo release (which hasn't been scheduled yet), then they can
be merged now anyway.  That way, we'll be able to use the improved
auto-tuning code along with your formats.

> if so is only lyra2.
> I was modifying files from several hash functions in one commit so
> this can be problematic

I think it's fine to merge all 3, then revise further (possibly drop
some of them).

You'll also need to cleanup the host side code, which IIRC still
contains fast hash specific optimizations (since you based the formats
on mysql or something).  But this can be done after merging in what you
already have.

Then, even for Lyra2 the hash encoding syntax is not final yet, and will
likely need to be replaced with whatever PHC might standardize on.

Alexander