Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 06:17:18 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: BENCHMARK_LENGTH bugs

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 11:03:19AM +0800, Kai Zhao wrote:
> Could we define slow: whose speed is less than e.g. 1000K c/s ?

As per the previous few messages, we shouldn't define slow for the
purpose of your current work.  Since this was merely correlation and we
already know counter-examples, we shouldn't focus on this aspect.
We should instead focus on whether the "Many salts" and "Only one salt"
benchmarks results are expected to be different or almost the same.

Alexander