Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:20:39 -0500
From: JimF <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: FMT_OMP_BAD

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:13:10 -0500, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:10:02AM -0500, JimF wrote:
>> It if ends up being the first thing, then the header may only need to
>> contain:
>>
>> #if !FAST_FORMATS_OMP
>> #undef _OPENMP
>> #endif
>
> In this case, it might not be worth having a separate header file.
>
> Alexander

Agreed, and it may HAVE to be done very first, prior to any header
include, but possibly after the format structure stanza ?   I have not
actually looked at the code, so I am not sure.

However, if we put this FIRST, then FMT_OMP and FMT_OMP_BAD would be 0 if
the OMP was turned off, so would not need any define wrapping within the
format structure.  I think adding those redundant wrappeers is not a good
thing to do. We should instead remove them if that is 'all' the define
logic used.   We do have some formats which HAVE to use define logic, (the
DES which require the _mt versions, etc).

So I agree, that a header probably is not needed, but this define should
be placed VERY early within the build code.