Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 00:52:48 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Metadata for wordlists

Hi Tonimir,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:07:41PM +0200, Tonimir Kisasondi wrote:
> This is my first time posting here, so, hello everyone, I'm Tonimir and
> i am kinda interested in password cracking and research in the same
> area.  :)
>
> I don't know if this is a right list for this discussion, but this is as
> close as it gets, so sorry if i'm offtopic, you are free to ignore this
> then, but you are the best/closest audience for this discussion.

You might be surprised, but your posting is actually more appropriate
for the john-users list than john-dev, and it will reach a much wider
audience there too.  So please re-post it to john-users.

Yes, you're offering writing some code (thanks!) -

> 2) Would you be interested in accepting a patch/toolchain to enable this
> functionality in john? The core would be unchanged, it's only a python
> script that helps you to manipulate annotated wordlists (awl)

but at this time it's just preliminary discussion.  If things advance to
the point where we'd be discussing specific jumbo source code patches,
then that would be the time to move to john-dev.

Alexander