Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:02:13 -0500
From: "jfoug@....net" <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lei's weekly report #15

I copied (in the shell) from my main git repo to the temp clone I made of
your sha2 branch, and the 'can not include' problem went away.  The
".include [section]" code was not working if there was no colon (like
.include [rules:sometype]).  The Options section has not : in it. So when
I changed the john-local.conf file in the test suite root dir, it requires
the current updated jumbo code.  I am not sure why your update into your
github branch is not pulling that current file (if that is hte problem),
but I built your code, and got the same problem.  I copied through the
shell from my main working repo, and things were fine.  Thats all I can
explain ;)

I added this method into the TS, because I had added items into the
[Options] section and these were not being picked up in the TS, because I
was simply re-writing the entire [Options] section. Now, I include the
options section items into a 'new' Options section, and then update just
the items I want to update. So if new items get added to options, they
will simply be there within the TS.

Jim.