Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 23:26:03 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lei's weekly report #15

On 2015-08-12 13:23, Lei Zhang wrote:

>>> I just experimented with that, but got no noticeable change in performance.
>>
>> Maybe it's hidden by OMP. It should still be the way I said unless you can explain a sensible reason why not.
>>
>> BTW after fixing everything else I said need to be done, you need to handle encodings. Your current code only handles ISO-8859-1 (so I dropped FMT_UTF8 in that patch).
>
> It's done now. But how do I test it? The current test vectors don't cover UTF8 encodings.

First, try the "Test Suite". cd to the base directory of john (the one
where src, run and doc is) and:

$ git clone https://github.com/magnumripper/jtrTestSuite.git
$ cd test
$ ./jtrts.pl episerver

Unfortunately the TS currently has no codepage or UTF-8 tests for
episerver. But this test is good anyway - cp1252 is close enough to
iso-8859-1 that all tests should pass:

$ ./jtrts.pl episerver -passthru=-enc:cp1252

If all is good so far, we only have UTF-8 left to test. You can easily
whip up some homebrewn test hashes using Perl. Have a look at
pass_gen.pl (not in TS but in john run directory) for examples. Maybe
you could even add episerver to pass_gen.pl?

magnum