Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 20:39:52 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lei's weekly report #15

On 2015-08-10 18:27, Lei Zhang wrote:
> I'm still struggling to make episerver work with the SIMD SHA1/2 functions. Magnum, could you take a look at my code?
> 	https://github.com/zzlei/JohnTheRipper/blob/sha2/src/episerver_fmt_plug.c <https://github.com/zzlei/JohnTheRipper/blob/sha2/src/episerver_fmt_plug.c>
> I've been tweaking this file hard, but there's still something wrong. Maybe you can notice some obvious mistake in it (?)

Attached is a diff against your repo that fixes the problems. There were
a few minor (but very effective) bugs and I did a few other changes for
clarity. Try to understand the bug fixes fully.

Also, now you should move the "write salt to SIMD buffer" from
crypt_all() to set_salt(). I believe that will boost the "Many salts"
benchmark figure a lot.

magnum

View attachment "0001-Fix-bugs-in-episerver-SIMD.patch" of type "text/plain" (4142 bytes)