Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 08:16:06 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR on ARM (NEON)

On 08/03/2015 04:58 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> I think we must not have any unaligned accesses on ARM at all.  If we
> currently do have any, let's fix that as a bug.

May be we could enhance autoconfig.
For --enable-ubsan, we currently have -fno-sanitize=alignment, because
it produces tons of flase positives on x86.
We could drop that for arm. then all unaligned access will result either
in illegal stataments or in warning messages, depending on whether you
also drop -fsanitize-undefined-trap-on-error.

Frank