Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 18:37:33 +0200
From: Agnieszka Bielec <bielecagnieszka8@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHC: my yescrypt and lyra2 benchmarks

>> Agnieszka,
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 03:49:14AM +0200, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
>>> yescrypt
>>>
>>> well - 4688
>>> GeForce GTX 960M - 206
>>> AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series - 319
>>> GeForce GTX TITAN - 326
>>
>> BTW, your GPU speeds for yescrypt are significantly worse than some of
>> those reported for BSTY cryptocoin, which is a (slightly older revision
>> of) yescrypt at 2 MB (with r=8).  Yours are at 1.5 MB.  This indicates
>> that you can still improve some(?) of these speeds significantly.
>>
>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775289.msg11286161#msg11286161
>>
>> "A gtx980 gets with sgminer around 1.5kH/s
>> A gtx780ti gets around 1.1kh/s with ccminer (but only 400h/s with sgminer)
>> I get around 860hash/s with both ccminer and sgminer with 750ti"
>>
>> Our GTX TITAN should be comparable to "gtx780ti":
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_700_series
>
> will be faster after remove 'optimization' which makes speed worse
> (but should be better speed) and I can move some whole arrays to
> __private for these default costs

so far I'm getting (for r=6) (after I removed copying and added
vectors to pwxform)
[a@...er run]$ ./john --test --format=yescrypt-opencl --dev=5
Benchmarking: yescrypt-opencl [Salsa20/8 OpenCL (inefficient,
development use only)]... Device 5: GeForce GTX TITAN
memory per hash : 1.51 MB
DONE
Speed for cost 1 (N) of 2048, cost 2 (r) of 6, cost 3 (p) of 1, cost 4
(t) of 0, cost 5 (g) of 0
Raw:    1003 c/s real, 1008 c/s virtual