Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:46:26 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHC: my yescrypt and lyra2 benchmarks

Agnieszka,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 05:01:42PM +0200, Solar Designer wrote:
> I think m=62 is too much fine-tuning.  I suggest that you use 64 here.
> It will also bring Lyra2 to almost the same memory usage per hash as you
> have for yescrypt at r=6.  So we'd have both at ~1.5 MB.
>
> As a separate set of benchmarks, please also configure both for ~2 MB.
> Please use m=80 for Lyra2 (giving 1920 KiB?) and r=8 for yescrypt
> (giving a little over 2 MiB).

I thought you'd complete these benchmarks within a day (thus, yesterday)
and we'd pass them to the PHC discussions list by now.  Since you
already had the code, I thought this would be quick and easy for you.
Why is this not done yet?  Have you chosen to try to optimize your
yescrypt code some more first?

Alexander