Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 21:40:02 +0200
From: Agnieszka Bielec <bielecagnieszka8@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHC: my yescrypt and lyra2 benchmarks

> You'll need to try.

ok, I'm trying

>> Lyra2
>>
>> well - 4264
>> GeForce GTX 960M - 522
>> AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series - 3385
>> GeForce GTX TITAN - 1735
>>
>> yescrypt
>>
>> well - 4688
>> GeForce GTX 960M - 206
>> AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series - 319
>> GeForce GTX TITAN - 326
>
> OK.  These are using the same memory (de)allocation approach, out of the
> loop, correct?  I mean on CPU.

yes, but in Lyra2 I'm allocting small parts in malloc and big parts in
*_region before crypt_all
in yescrypt I'm allocating in crypt_all() but only at first call
crypt_all(), I didn't changed function yescrypt_kdf() and
yescrypt_kdf_body(), can this be like here?
btw I reverted back my changes in alloc_region()