Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:12:32 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Mathieu's weekly report #11

Accomplishments:
- As some of you know, Johnny v2.0 has been officially released and a
discussion with users is undergoing on the list about it to get feedback.
- Work on dynamic filtering password tables. Shinnok, I put a detailed
explanation on the github thread. To summarize, it's working great but for
a file with 100 000 hashes for example, the UI freeze a little bit if you
type fast because it's a dynamic filter(filter occurs everytime a new
letter is added in the line Edit). QSortFilterProxyModel is synchronous.You
can find all information and ideas to improve performance here
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/issues/56
- Integrate the feature that I did last week(ability to select/deselect
hashes) with the filtering and a context menu.
- Fix #47
- Start a discussion on *2johnsupport on the list to understand more the
task since it's gonna be done in another sprint.

Priorities:
- Finish the filtering (improve performance for really big files) and
integrate the two features in shinnok/master
- Refactor settings(include doing a JohnSession design instead of direct
call to QSettings)
- Simplify settings for user by always auto-save them like most apps
instead of the 3 buttons that are confusing.
- Pick some improvements from our github listed as v2.1 and implement them.
The order is not important since we decided to do all of them before
starting other things.

Content of type "text/html" skipped