Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:12:32 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Mathieu's weekly report #11

Accomplishments:
- As some of you know, Johnny v2.0 has been officially released and a
discussion with users is undergoing on the list about it to get feedback.
- Work on dynamic filtering password tables. Shinnok, I put a detailed
explanation on the github thread. To summarize, it's working great but for
a file with 100 000 hashes for example, the UI freeze a little bit if you
type fast because it's a dynamic filter(filter occurs everytime a new
letter is added in the line Edit). QSortFilterProxyModel is synchronous.You
can find all information and ideas to improve performance here
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/issues/56
- Integrate the feature that I did last week(ability to select/deselect
hashes) with the filtering and a context menu.
- Fix #47
- Start a discussion on *2johnsupport on the list to understand more the
task since it's gonna be done in another sprint.

Priorities:
- Finish the filtering (improve performance for really big files) and
integrate the two features in shinnok/master
- Refactor settings(include doing a JohnSession design instead of direct
call to QSettings)
- Simplify settings for user by always auto-save them like most apps
instead of the 3 buttons that are confusing.
- Pick some improvements from our github listed as v2.1 and implement them.
The order is not important since we decided to do all of them before
starting other things.

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]