Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 12:27:40 -0400
From: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...ta.cu>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: extend SIMD intrinsics

-------- Original message --------
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Date:07/12/2015 10:30 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [john-dev] extend SIMD intrinsics

...I now think Alain's message suggests we may in fact need to use the
load/store intrinsics.  His code is probably multi-threaded, so he must
have been accessing the vectors via pointers.  gcc in this case uses
aligned loads; per Alain, apparently Visual C uses unaligned loads.

I use __m128i pointers and static stack allocated __m128i arrays. Both generate unaligned loads. For example this generate an unaligned load and the compiler had all information to use aligned:

void sample_func()
{
  __m128i test_array[16];

  __m128i test_var = test_array[6];