Openwall GNU/*/Linux - a small security-enhanced Linux distro for servers
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 19:11:30 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHC: Lyra2 on GPU

On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 05:55:16PM +0200, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
> [a@...er run]$ ./john --incremental=digits --min-length=8
> --max-length=8 hash --format=lyra2-opencl
> Loaded 1 password hash (Lyra2-opencl, Lyra2 [Lyra2 Sponge OpenCL
> (inefficient, development use only)])
> Device 0: Tahiti [AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series]
> Local worksize (LWS) 64, global worksize (GWS) 1024
> Device 0: Tahiti [AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series]
> Local worksize (LWS) 64, global worksize (GWS) 1024

Why are these two lines repeated?

> Press 'q' or Ctrl-C to abort, almost any other key for status
> 0g 0:00:00:03 0.03% (ETA: 21:57:45) 0g/s 8268p/s 8268c/s 8268C/s
> GPU:48°C util:64% fan:20% 12302145..10052501
> 
> 
> [a@...er run]$ ./john --incremental=digits --min-length=8
> --max-length=8 hash --format=lyra2-opencl --dev=5
> Loaded 1 password hash (Lyra2-opencl, Lyra2 [Lyra2 Sponge OpenCL
> (inefficient, development use only)])
> Device 5: GeForce GTX TITAN
> Local worksize (LWS) 64, global worksize (GWS) 2048
> Device 5: GeForce GTX TITAN
> Local worksize (LWS) 64, global worksize (GWS) 2048
> Press 'q' or Ctrl-C to abort, almost any other key for status
> 0g 0:00:00:08 0.05% (ETA: 23:14:10) 0g/s 5905p/s 5905c/s 5905C/s
> GPU:60°C util:99% fan:38% 19777123..11312252
> 
> 
> and CUDA
> 
> 
> [a@...er run]$ ./john --incremental=digits --min-length=8
> --max-length=8 hash --format=lyra2-cuda
> Loaded 1 password hash (Lyra2-cuda, Lyra2 [Lyra2 CUDA])
> /
> Press 'q' or Ctrl-C to abort, almost any other key for status
> 0g 0:00:00:02 0.00% (ETA: 08:26:18) 0g/s 1432p/s 1432c/s 1432C/s
> GPU:49°C util:88% fan:34% 02082424..01223312

Can you let these run, say, for 1 minute each?

Also, in a separate test, please actually let them crack the password
after a while - e.g., use a wordlist and put the correct password around
line 100000.

Alexander

Powered by blists - more mailing lists

Your e-mail address:

Powered by Openwall GNU/*/Linux - Powered by OpenVZ