Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:16:10 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <>
Subject: Mathieu's weekly report #9

-  Address Shinnok's comment regarding my two PRs from last week and merge
them to shinnok/master (qt 4.6.2 support and multiple session management
- Test Johnny on Fedora, centOS 6, Windows 8.1, Windows 7.
- Correct the bugs that I found. You can find most of them in this PR that is already merged. Here are
some of them(I didn't make a github issue for all of them but the commit
message on the PR are clear for the others),,
- Update french translation (which will need updating again since the .ui
has been changed)
- Make a Windows installer with the qt installer framework for johnny. If
you are interested about this, look at this discussion on github, it
describes everything If you
are interested by the installer, download it there
- Update README and INSTALL files to give instructions to users.
- Discuss with Riche about a problem. Riche reported that pausing JtR from
johnny by giving john a chance to exit cleanly on Windows works on one of
his machine but not on the other. It is related to the CTRL_C_EVENT
handling from john that we worked really hard on a few weeks ago. Shinnok
and I don't really have much info about this, we don't really understand
what's going on.

- We have to code-freeze a tag on github for release v2.0.
- Reupdate french translation
- Try to get feedback from people in the community regarding v2.0 release.
On windows, use our installer and
get all features. On unix or OS X compile from source.
- Start working on :

1. Ability to select/deselect individual hashes from being handled in
a cracking session(maybe via a simple checkbox to each row?)
2. Search/Filter inside the Passwords tab table view

Content of type "text/html" skipped