Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 21:31:05 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <>
Subject: Re: more robustness

> 1. Add more fuzzing methods
> 2. Support formats whose ciphertext is very long such as LUKS
> 3. Add the split() after valid()

The attachments are two patches which finished the 3 works of the
last patch. So I think --fuzz is finished. Am I right? Do you have any

How to run

$ ./john --fuzz[=fuzz dictionary]  [--format=??]

John will stop immediately if bug is found.

$ ./  /path/to/john  format-name

If there are bugs, the formats will be saved in fuzz_option_err.log

There are two reasons to introduce which is similar to

1. There are some formats such as KeePass, will report error and exit
if the hash is not valid. In this case, john will stop and never go on. If
use, the script can pass these formats and go on fuzzing.

2. Use is very fast, since the script uses fork.

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "0001-1.-Add-more-fuzzing-methods-2.-Support-formats-whose.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (113911 bytes)

Download attachment "0001-Do-not-insert-dictionary-if-there-is-no-dictionary.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (637 bytes)