Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 21:31:05 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: more robustness

> 1. Add more fuzzing methods
> 2. Support formats whose ciphertext is very long such as LUKS
> 3. Add the split() after valid()

The attachments are two patches which finished the 3 works of the
last patch. So I think --fuzz is finished. Am I right? Do you have any
advice?

How to run
---------------

$ ./john --fuzz[=fuzz dictionary]  [--format=??]

John will stop immediately if bug is found.

$ ./fuzz_option.pl  /path/to/john  format-name

If there are bugs, the formats will be saved in fuzz_option_err.log

There are two reasons to introduce fuzz_option.pl which is similar to
Solar's fuzz.pl.

1. There are some formats such as KeePass, will report error and exit
if the hash is not valid. In this case, john will stop and never go on. If
we
use fuzz_option.pl, the script can pass these formats and go on fuzzing.

2. Use fuzz_option.pl is very fast, since the script uses fork.

Thanks,

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "0001-1.-Add-more-fuzzing-methods-2.-Support-formats-whose.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (113911 bytes)

Download attachment "0001-Do-not-insert-dictionary-if-there-is-no-dictionary.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (637 bytes)