Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 14:14:06 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mathieu's weekly report #8

> On Jun 24, 2015, at 2:03 PM, Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com> wrote:
>
>> The first point is pretty clear, but for #2, maybe I could start a discussion this week about which search fields and filter categories people would like. Shinnok, did you have already some in mind ? In my mind, I have show cracked only or show uncracked only hashes. Also, filter by hash type for jumbo only because it offers --show=types and I implemented HashTypeChecker class in johnny in a previous sprint.
>
> What I have in mind for 2. is:
>
> 1. All columns should have an alphabetical ascending or descending sort option; The password column maybe should be the exception, which would sort cracked vs uncracked;
> 2. The filter should be a small search box atop of the table view; The text should filter against all columns by default with an extra option to select which columns; This allows the user to filter for some usernames, some hashes or some formats to crack, by means of simple text filtering and using the previous 1. feature (the checkboxes) on the results. E.g. Filter based on username column -> select all results -> check all -> start attack. So no.2 will work in tandem with no.1 to add additional functionality. :-)

Another beneficial use case that we should expose via the filtering mechanism is showing only passwords that are selected via the currently specified format. This will help clear the confusing aspect that John will only attack a single format per session, along with rewording and UI usability adjustments for clarity (I'm working on this now).

Shinnok
Content of type "text/html" skipped