Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 19:16:43 -0700
From: <writeonce@...ipix.org>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "Rich Felker" <dalias@...c.org>
Subject: update: dynamically linked JtR for Windows using musl libc

Greetings,

I am glad to report that JtR (john-1.8.0), dynamically linked against
musl libc and libpsxscl, has now passed all tests on Windows (see
attached output and corresponding strace). As I'd like to mention,
neither the libc headers nor the source code were modified; for dynamic
linking to work, then, we had to help binutils and gcc do the right
thing with respect to weak symbols and GOT entries.

midipix

View attachment "john.output" of type "text/x-c++" (1105 bytes)

View attachment "john.strace" of type "text/plain" (12189 bytes)