Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 22:52:31 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Mathieu's weekly report #6

Accomplishments:
- Adapt HashTypeChecker to JohnHandler interface
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/pull/19
- Implement 1.5.1 password guessing
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/pull/20
- Implement a part of multiple session management : instead of always using
session "default.rec", I implemented a feature to load previous session
with a session history (see screenshot at)
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/pull/24

Priorities:
Shinnok and Frank discussed about the other parts of multiple session
management and right now Shinnok is no more convinced that we need more
than session history at this point for this task so I'll switch to another
task regarding the settings until a decision is taken for multiple session
management. For more information, this discussion highlights the priorities.
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com> wrote:

> I'm also not 100% convinced anymore we need more than just session history
> at this point. This needs much more thinking and a couple more prerequisite
> tasks before we can embark in this journey, which could get hairy. Like the
> Settings one, Mathieu, so at this point that one takes priority over this
> one. After you finish the session history of course.
>
> I'm lacking the time to scour for the e-mails that consolidated the need
> for running multiple sessions concurrently, I faintly remember some
> arguments from Aleksey, so maybe he can get back to us on this matter.

Okay, I will do that. Which task are you referring to by the "Settings one"
? Are you talking about this issue
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/issues/9 or "when we load a session, we
populate the UI with the settings(exemple check the --fork chekbox) ?

Content of type "text/html" skipped