Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 13:41:05 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Interleaving of intrinsics

Lei,

On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 09:03:56AM +0800, Lei Zhang wrote:
> Yes, I did see them.
>
> gcc build:
>
> icc build:

Uh-oh.  Please don't assume people read HTML e-mail.  I normally don't,
and HTML portions are normally not displayed in mailing list archives.

Anyway, I viewed the PNG files separately.  So there's no need for you
to resend or anything.  It's just that I would have preferred you
mentioning attached files in your message text, instead of relying on
HTML formatting of e-mail messages.

As to the actual issue with profiling: yes, it's very interesting that
intrinsics are seen that way in a build with gcc, and that there's no
performance impact from this as you say.  Feels almost unrealistic.

Alexander