Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 10:12:44 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: --list=format-tests: OpenCL error (CL_INVALID_MEM_OBJECT) in file (opencl_sha1crypt_fmt_plug.c) at line (165) - (Release mem in)

Frank,

Running "./john --list=format-tests" on super eventually fails with:

OpenCL error (CL_INVALID_MEM_OBJECT) in file (opencl_sha1crypt_fmt_plug.c) at line (165) - (Release mem in)

I tried also passing --dev=5 or whatever (even for CPU devices), which
gets accepted along with the --list option, but does not appear to
affect where it fails.  (I suspected it's a memory allocation issue,
where other formats' memory does not get deallocated, but then I also
expected to see it fail in different places depending on target device.)

I am just reporting this to you, and am not looking into it further.

Thanks,

Alexander