Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 23:36:27 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHC: Parallel in OpenCL

On 2015-06-04 16:49, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
>> On 2015-06-04 12:07, magnum wrote:
>
>> Also, your use of the shared auto-tune function is totally busted. You'd be
>> much better off not using auto-tune at all than configuring it wrong.
>> Attached is a patch that mostly fixes it.
>
> I see that you changed BENCH_CLERROR to HANDLE_CLERROR. why? I saw
> BENCH_CLERROR somewhere

That was a mistake. I copied crypt_all() to crypt_all_benchmark to get
all missing pieces. Normally it doesn't matter much though.

Also, in crypt_all() all instances of multi_profilingEvent[] can be
replaced with NULL. But that's cosmetic.

More importantly, the for-loop around the loop kernel invocations
can/should be commented away (so they only get called once) in
crypt_all_benchmark() if you like to try auto-tuning with higher cost.

magnum