Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 14:38:18 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [Johnny] Task 1.6.2 Ability to select/deselect individual hashes in a
 cracking session

Task 1.6.2 is the ability to select/deselect individual hashes from being
handled in a cracking session(maybe via a simple checkbox to each row?).

To implement this, I think about when user click "Start Attack", we'll
create a new file pwCopy.txt with only the selected rows. Do you have
another idea ?

The problem I can think of is related to "open last session".
1) If we use a new file pwCopy.txt, we will probably have to open this one
in the password tableView instead of the original file with all the rows to
be coherent with the file in the .rec.
OR
2) Open the original file with all rows, but the .rec won't be coherent.
Should we modify it ?
2.1 Wouldn't it be weird that the "open last session" don't save the
checkboxes state in the password tableview ? I mean the "real last session"
didn't process all rows of the files and this attack will process all of
them if the user don't uncheck some of them again.
2.2 However, if the file was edited outside Johnny and we saved the
checkboxes states, we might get weird behavior.

Content of type "text/html" skipped