Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 16:21:42 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Coding Style

On 2015-06-02 15:41, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 08:31:20PM +0800, Kai Zhao wrote:
>> We have discussed about the coding style before, here is my conclusion:
>>
>> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2015/04/14/2
>>
>> Is it ok? If not, could you give me some advice?
>
> I think we should try the indent command you posted on some files in
> jumbo and see what "breakage" it causes - in other words, while fixing
> improper formatting does it also make formatting changes that we won't
> like?

The only thing I've be happy with so far was using GNU indent followed
by astyle - but that's a bit clumsy.

indent -kr -i4 -ts4 -nlp -nbbo -ncs -l79 -lc79 -bad -il0 *.[ch] &&
astyle --style=kr -t4 -U -H -p -xC79 -c -k3 -z2 *.[ch]

I did the above with two files in feb8a15 as a PoC. After that, they can
be viewed with any tab width you fancy without getting messed up.

magnum