Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:16:42 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: problem with signal handling in core john (was: [core john] [Johnny] Windows event loop)

Hi Shinnok,

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 05:40:22PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
> Alexander, will you integrate the patch in question in this case?

OK, I made two commits:

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/john/john/src/signals.c

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/john/john/src/signals.c.diff?r1=1.24;r2=1.26

While at it, I also changed all __CYGWIN32__ to __CYGWIN__ elsewhere in
the tree and removed bits that were specific to ancient Cygwin versions
(which would define __CYGWIN32__ but not __CYGWIN__).

I didn't add #include <wincon.h>, which was in your patch.  This
appeared wrong to me, because it was not needed so far and we're not
starting to use any new symbol with this patch.  Additionally, the MSDN
page on SetConsoleCtrlHandler() says:

"Header	Wincon.h (include Windows.h)"

which might mean that we should be including windows.h only, just like
we do now.

Is this OK?

Thanks,

Alexander