Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 13:01:43 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Signal handling within john formats.

Hi all,

I'd like to use signal handling functions - alarm() and sigaction() within
a format. Howver using them disrupts status checking, even if I restore to
the previous signal handler after I'm done using signals.

The sequence of function calls within the format is as follows:

sigaction(SIGALARM, &set_signal, &old_signal);
alarm(x);
.
.
.
alarm(0);
sigaction(SIGALARM, &old_signal, NULL);

But the above sequence fails to restore normal JtR signal handling. So,
what's missing?

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped