Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 06:20:13 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: writeonce@...ipix.org, john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: update: JtR for Windows using musl libc

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 11:01:47PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> The argument registers for integer arguments are completely different
> (rcx,rdx,r8,r9 vs rdi,rsi,rdx,rcx,r8,r9) so I would expect the
> behavior to be nonsense.

Oh, this must be it.  rdi for the argument was my first thought, but I
wrongly recalled that all of these functions use it.  I just took a
look, and the asm version of DES_bs_crypt_25 does not actually use its
argument (even though it's called with one, since the C implementation
sometimes uses it).  So this is why descrypt and tripcode passed test.

> Note that there's a GCC attribute, __sysv_abi__, that could be used to
> call the standard ABI asm code from a caller that's using the MS ABI.
> That would be a way to reuse the asm unmodified rather than having to
> wrap it or write a special version for Windows. The attribute just
> needs to be put on the declarations of the asm functions in the
> translation units they're called from.

midipix may try that.

Alexander