Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 19:45:08 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Johnny: 1.5.2 Hash type suggestion/guessing, using
 --show=types

Mathieu,

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 12:31:41PM -0400, Mathieu Laprise wrote:
> Regarding the parser that I'll have to write in C++, to make things
> simpler, can I assume that there will be no ':' character inside username,
> hash etc. I mean assume that when we see a ':', next character will
> correspond to the next field of the format that you described.

Yes, you may assume that if there is :0: on the end of line. Fields do
not contain field separator char if there :0: on the end. Though the
field separator char may and will be different later when you add
support for that into Johnny. So you may use the last character on the
line as field separator char right now because this field separator
char is local for parser.

Thanks!

--
Regards,