Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 22:44:46 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: displaying full meta information about hashes
 with --show=types

On 2015-05-13 21:54, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 08:55:45PM +0200, magnum wrote:
>>
>> +        /* TODO: Should john_main_process be checked? */
>> +	if (db_opts->showtypes) {
>> +		/* TODO: Do we need to print 'source' var? */
>> +		/* TODO: Forbid --salt= and --cost= selectors. */
>> +
>>
>> IMHO, the Jumbo source code is not an appropriate place for your action
>> lists. And the core files are the worst of the worst places to put them.
>
> Ok, I'll remove them.
>
> I did not look on TODOs like on action list. For me, they are more
> like documentation for defects in code.

That might be appropriate to some extent but I think a cluster of notes
like the above should be GitHub issues or something, or no-one will keep
track of them. Some of our other fine developers like spraying TODO and
FIXME in the code and then forget about them for good as if FIXME was a
magic macro that solved the problem. A Github issue is visible,
trackable, discussable and known by anyone who cares.

magnum