Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 23:18:10 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: displaying full meta information about hashes with
 --show=types

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 09:21:37PM +0300, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 02:43:09PM +0300, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> > On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:01:56AM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> > > Obviously, dynamic_0 and dynamic_29 (and possibly other formats can also
> > > load this hash.
> > > These formats don't appear in that list, because of this default setting
> > > in john,conf:
>
> > There is an option to overwrite it:
> > --field-separator-char=C  use 'C' instead of the ':' in input and pot files
>
> Ouch, I meant
> --bare-always-valid=C     if C is 'Y' or 'y', then the dynamic format will
>                           always treat bare hashes as valid
>
> > Though neither the option nor the setting affect my code.
>
> I got it: a bare hash should occur on the first line to make
> DynamicAlwaysUseBareHashes to work.

It is implemented through
  static int m_allow_rawhash_fixup;
global for dynamic_fmt.c . It occurs 6 times.

I renamed it into
  dynamic_allow_rawhash_fixup
and made it global for john.

I set it to 1 on each iteration forcefully and it works for most
lines. I'll make it follow the option to allow caller to choose the
way to print.

But pwdump is not affected by that option because pwdump format allows
only lm and nt because usual prepare() method gives fields[1], it
contains uid in pwdump format. Though ciphertext variable contains the
correct hash from fields[2] (and there is another hash in fields[3]).

The other problem with pwdump format is that fields[2] tried only as
lm and fields[3] is tried only as nt.

Thanks!

--
Regards,