Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 16:06:32 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [core john] [Johnny] Windows event loop

Shinnok,

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 03:34:00PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:

> > On May 10, 2015, at 6:35 PM, Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Aleksey for your comments.
> > Since there were no objections, yesterday, I implemented the solution #2 in Johnny on branch WindowsSupport and it's working great. I'll make a pull request soon.
>
> Sorry to disappoint you guys, but Win32 API dev is that "fun" yes.
>
> Is #2 the helper executable one? If so, then I'm afraid that is not the most viable solution for the long term.
>
> The way to go is this:
> 1. For now implement the event loop and handle WM_CLOSE. JtR core would be best.

Assuming #2 is properly implemented (and Mathieu won't waste a lot of
time debugging it for release), I think that WM_CLOSE may be not very
important now.

Oh, I thought we lag heavily, but now I realized that there are 2
weeks per version in the plan. Though 1.5 and the first release are
waiting. Patch to add --show=types to support 1.5.2 is almost done
(I'll add a bit but full.patch may already be picked from mail below).

full.patch is in