Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 00:40:02 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: displaying full meta information about hashes with
 --show=types

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 10:51:57PM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 05/10/2015 10:32 PM, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
> > On 2015-05-10 21:43, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> >> For each valid format (may be nothing):
> >>    label,
> >>    is format disabled? (1/0),
> >
> > I don't know if this field is useful but if it's listed at all perhaps
> > invert the meaning of it, i.e. 1 for enabled formats and 0 for disabled?
>
> I'd say, keep the "disabled" version.
> The john.conf section is named [Disabled:Formats], and
> --list=format-all-details also lists the information as
>  Disabled in configuration file      no
> or
>  Disabled in configuration file      yes

I'll keep 'disabled' to be consistent with current terminology.

Changes:
- removed additional empty field introduced by mistake (Alexander
Cherepanov found that writing the parser),
- removed "same" fields,
- removed number of parts,
- added empty field between formats,
- added suppression of '0 password hashes cracked, 0 left' phrase,
- removed TODOs about uid: it was fixed before posting the patch.

The parser works now.

--show=types should be affected by --shell= and other selectors.

I don't know how the code is affected by DynamicAlwaysUseBareHashes option.

# if set to Y then dynamic format will always work with bare hashes. Normally
# dynamic only uses bare hashes if a single dynamic type is selected with
# the -format=  (so -format=dynamic_0 would use valid bare hashes).
DynamicAlwaysUseBareHashes = N

Partial and full patches are attached.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov

View attachment "full.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (4711 bytes)

View attachment "partial.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (3319 bytes)