Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 14:38:54 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [core john] [Johnny] Windows event loop

> > #ifdef __CYGWIN32__
> >
> >       SetConsoleCtrlHandler(sig_handle_abort_ctrl, TRUE);
> >
> > #endif
> It looks like it is for cygwin builds. But there may be a mingw build,
> no?

You have a good point. The code I copy pasted with CYGWIN32 was from
john-proper. But in jumbo, the code for this signal has #ifdef
WIN32_SIGNAL_HANDLER . So I guess since you said mingw was only supported
on jumbo, it's gonna be okay.

> If you do
>   SetConsoleCtrlHandler(NULL, TRUE);
> does CTRL_BREAK close johnny?

Unfortunately yes :( I tried that yesterday which was supposed to work but
it didn't. I think that I saw somewhere in the Windows API that the NULL
thing was only working with CTRL_C and maybe others but that we couldn't
ignore CTRL_BREAK

Content of type "text/html" skipped