Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 09:11:38 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [core john] [Johnny] Windows event loop

Solar,
On Windows, do you see a reason for the behavior that I'll describe in the
next few lines?

I'm using JtR 1.7.9 executable from openwall website and it works for
starting an attack on Johnny and pausing still don't work. This is not my
problem. On the other hand, I compiled with cygwin "make clean
win32-cygwin-x86-any" 1.8.0 source from the website and current
magnum/master. Those version of JtR works great on my cygwin terminal.
However, on johnny, I can't even start an attack, I get a process crashed
error of john. Could it be my build, even if it works great in terminal, a
change between 1.7.9-1.8.0 etc... ?

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]