Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 21:34:18 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: message quoting (was: [Johnny] TODO and comments in code)

Mathieu,

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 01:23:15PM -0500, Mathieu Laprise wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't know that we should quote stuff to avoid searching for

Please also make sure it is clear who you are quoting.  See how it is
clear that I've quoted you above: "On ... Mathieu Laprise wrote".  My
MUA (in this case, Mutt) takes care of this for me.  If you're using
e.g. Gmail web interface, this might not be as easy, so you might want
to choose a MUA that is more friendly to the traditional message quoting
conventions.

Here are some guidelines on proper quoting:

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/mail-news-errors.html

Alexander