Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 20:06:35 +0800
From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Lei's weekly report #1

I hate to admit that I haven't done much work last week. I'll be more focused this week.

Accomplishments:
- Tune interleaving factors for MIC
- Start to add OpenMP support to SunMD5. Haven't finished yet.
- Tune OMP_NUM_THREADS used on MIC.

Priorities:
- Finish adding OpenMP support to SunMD5.
- Try to use interleaving in SHA256 and SHA512. See if this improve performance on MIC.
- Find out more formats where OMP_NUM_THREADS isn't optimal for MIC, and adjust it accordingly.
- Try to make MIC offload mode work in JtR core.