Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 09:17:06 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: External problem

On 2015-05-05 08:31, Kai Zhao wrote:
>> Since this is core John code, you should have brought the problem to
>> john-dev to my attention much sooner.
>
> Should I bring the problem of core John code to john-dev every time?
> Even the problem which is fixed in John jumbo?

As long as Solar is not on Github, yes I think so. When we find bugs in
Jumbo that stems from core, we should either just report to
Solar/john-dev (perhaps with a proposed patch), or fix them in Jumbo but
still notify Solar.

One could obviously argue that Solar should have a GitHub account. Then
we'd just add eg. @solardiz to a discussion to bring his attention,
and/or assign core issues to him.

magnum