Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 15:19:57 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mathieu's weekly report #1

Shinnok,

> I wanted to share this in an earlier mention of yours regarding setting up
> JtR for dev but I forgot. Not sure if you're a Netbeans fan or not, but it
> might be more valuable for you to set up JtR for development in Qt Creator
> itself, since you're using it for Johnny anyway. I wrote a tutorial a
> (long) while ago describing how I use it for non-Qt projects:
>

> http://shinnok.com/rants/2011/07/18/using-the-qt-creator-ide-with-non-qt-projects/

Cool, thanks, this read will be helpful.

> Can you cherry-pick those out of the fork branch to a new branch? I'd like
> to keep these sub-tasks as independent as possible when it comes the time
> for you create the PRs.

The .ui and even more the Qt translation files are a pain to merge. I'll
try not to modify the translation files on different branches in the future
to save time. Do you mind if I keep the only 2 commits of 1.4.3 in the
forkOpenMP branch but in the future separate unrelated subtasks by branches
?

I'll reply to the 1.4.2 task thread.

Thanks!

Content of type "text/html" skipped