Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 10:08:21 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] Task 1.4.2 fork and OpenMP

Thanks for all your answers and your ideas,

It's true that according to the doc,
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qprocess.html#terminate, QProcess::terminate()
already send SIGTERM to john on linux and it doesn't work. However, it
probably only send SIGTERM to the first john process as the children are
not created by johnny. Good idea, I'll check john code to see if it send
SIGTERM to its child when it receives it and, as Shinnok said, also
understand which codepath it takes when sending q and SINGINT.

I tried QProcess:kill(which sends SIGKILL) and it doesn't quit cleanly
(still locked).

No, I'm not developping on Windows, I'm currently using my Ubuntu VM with
John 1.8.0 compiled from the files on the website of openwall. My plan is
to make the development on Linux but test often that it doesnt break the
Windows version and later OS X. I have the 3 OS.

Content of type "text/html" skipped