Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:40:35 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] Task 1.4.2 fork and OpenMP

 Here is my daily progress. I added --fork to Johnny and played with John
and Johnny to understand sessions, .rec files and johnny code better. The
bug that I'm working on at the moment is : when we start the first attack,
it's working with fork but when we pause/resume attack, the first .rec file
is okay but all others from the other processes are locked. I guess ALL
.rec files from the fork are important, right ?

Output :

Crash recovery file is locked: /home/math07/.john/johnny/default.2.rec

Crash recovery file is locked: /home/math07/.john/johnny/default.3.rec

My hypothesis is that it is caused by the way Johnny kills John at the
moment : by terminating the process abruptly. Locks on files might not be
released for that reason. However, perhaps my hypothesis is wrong, I'll
have to verify it ...
void MainWindow::on_actionPause_Attack_triggered()
{
    m_johnProcess.terminate();
}

My plan is to send "q" or CTLR-C to john process via stdin to makes it quit
cleanly instead of kill process and john will probably release its locks. I
already tried to use QProcess::write() on m_JohnProcess like the Qt doc
says but it doesn't seem to work so I'll continue working on this. :)

Content of type "text/html" skipped