Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:20:23 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <>
Subject: Re: [GSoC][Johnny] Translation task review

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 02:24:36PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
> Mathieu,
> I have new comments for your latest translation work on Github. Overall, I think your submission is quite good. After we polish the rough edges I'd like to merge it and move on to the next thing.
> Aleksey,
> I have a question in there for you too, can you see them or chip in otherwise? I can't seem to find out how I can invite you to a pull request discussion:

I'll try to setup notifications about your discussions on github.

> I'd also like confirmation that we all agree on following the coding style rules mentioned in the Roadmap, since confusion on this aspect will yield bad overall code aesthetics for a team of 3:
> 	• Follow the coding style outlined at <>
> With one amendment, placing the opening curly brace on the next line for any case. That's what I used for the last couple years and I think fits well when doing C++ and Qt.
> Johnny's code is still incipient enough that we can enforce a common style, so it would be good if we can do that early on.

If you ask, personally I prefer to keep the opening brace on the line
with if/else/for/while/switch. You're going to break the style. I
don't mind if it is comfortable for Mathieu. I think his habit should
define the style now (or maybe not).

Aleksey Cherepanov