Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:28:08 +0800
From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AVX512 support detection

> On Apr 18, 2015, at 5:33 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>
> Of those, I guess at least the following are not AVX512BW either:
>
> vcvtsi32           (currently used for SSE4.1 <= arch < AVX2)

It seems to be only available on SSE2. Even AVX2 doesn't support it.

> vmask2int          (currently used for AVX512/MIC, no pseudo)

According to the intrinsics guide, it's only available on MIC. But I think there should be some alternatives on AVX512, otherwise the _mm512_cmp_epi*_mask intrinsic will be less useful.

> vpermute2x128      (not used at all, we can drop it)
> vpermute4x64_epi64 (not used at all, we can drop it)

No direct counterparts found.

BTW, we can also drop some other unused intrinsics, which might cause portability issues.

Lei