Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:21:03 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Advice on proposal: John the Ripper jumbo robustness

> But why do you look at sevenzip_kdf() at all? What do you try to achieve?
> Did it come up in your profiling with non-valid hashes? Or with valid
hashes
> only?

Maybe I was wrong. There are 2 reasons:

1. I want to bypass this function, since the AFL documentation declares that
"As with any other brute-force tool, the fuzzer offers limited coverage if
encryption, checksums, cryptographic signatures, or compression are used
to wholly wrap the actual data format to be tested.".

2. This function occupies most of time. I want to make it start faster, so I
comment this function.

Thanks,

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped