Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 16:18:32 -0400
From: Matthew <matthewdurant@...mail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: [GSoC] Yescrypt implementations

Hi everyone, I am a Sophomore software engineering student at Robert Morris University, and am interested in the area of security. My background of programming is mostly of Java as it was the first language I learned, and ended up modding Minecraft for fun to see what I could create, as it used Java. I did have to read a lot of documentation to use the api's for the game, and ended up solving some intermediate to advanced problems. I am also familiar with C++, JavaScript and assembly as I have used them before for various things.
I have been reading the mailing list, but have had little time to contribute in the past few weeks as I had many tests and final programming projects I had to do for multiple classes among other things. It has been suggested to me that I do the yescrypt implementations project, and would like to do it. Some languages that I would propose to implement yescrypt in are GO, Perl, and JavaScript as I think they a good mix of simplicity and power. I plan on making a timeline, but first I just want to know how many languages would be ideal to implement yescrypt in to spread out the workload.
If there is anything I need to know (or do) please let me know, as after today I will have more time on my hands to focus on this.
Content of type "text/html" skipped