Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 23:02:38 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Coding Style

> Can you please name plain text attachments *.txt?

Get it. I will the next time.

> This one definitely is a false positive:
>
> ERROR: space prohibited before open square bracket '['
> #50: FILE: john_core/src/BF_std.c:50:
> +#define INDICES                                [BF_N]

Yes, this maybe the difference between john and kernel. Kernel only permits
such cases:

1. with a type on the left -- int [] a;
2. at the beginning of a line for slice initialisers -- [0...10] = 5,
3. inside a curly brace -- = { [0...10] = 5 }

It is notable that the errors generated by checkpatch.pl maybe not really
errors and checkpatch.pl generates lots of errors for current kernel which
are
still there.

> And why is it that only line 50 triggers this message, but not the
> subsequent lines or similar lines in DES_bs_b.c?

The attachment is not the original output which is 10.6MB for john jumbo and
130KB for john core. Since there are many errors and warnings, I select
some typical problems and put them in the attachment. Sorry for not making
it clear.

Thanks,

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped