Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 12:38:04 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] JtR SIMD support enhancements

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 04:36:37PM +0800, Lei Zhang wrote:
> Yes, I do need access to your AVX2 machine.

I've setup the account and e-mailed the details to Lei privately.

> > On Mar 29, 2015, at 5:38 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> > Another potential sub-task for MIC is to add OpenMP offload support.
[...]

> I also thought of this before. I think the hard part is to identify which code to be offloaded. Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

I think that initially it'd be the exact same blocks that we're running
with OpenMP parallelization now.  You'd start by implementing this for
just one format, or for just one underlying crypto implementation -
e.g., for bitslice DES.

Alexander