Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 22:55:59 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Fuzz command options

Hi all,
I am glad to introduce my simple project: Fuzz Options, which has found 11
bugs by fuzzing command
options, several are segfault and most are asan error. Fuzz Options tries
to combine all the parameters
and send them to john to run, once there is a crash, the parameters will be
written to ./crashes file.

For more information please read:

https://github.com/loverszhaokai/JohnTheRipper/tree/fuzzing/fuzz/fuzz_options

Currently, Fuzz Options only combines parameters offered by us without
changing the parameter
values. Do we need to mutate the values of parameters?  For example, we
provide --max-run-time=1
in the parameter config file, do we need to mutate "1", such as copy four
times: --max-run-time=11111

I thinks we need, but there maybe too many test cases.

Traditional fuzzing only fuzz single input data. Do we need
multidimensional fuzzing namely fuzz several
input data at the same time (e.g., fuzz both hashes and command options at
the same time).

Thanks for your time,

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped