Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:50:24 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Advice on proposal: John the Ripper jumbo robustness

Thanks for your reply. I just updated my proposal according to your advice.

>I think it's better explain what do you think about and why custom fuzzer
will be better

I explained at my proposal, and I think it would be better to explain it
here too.

Why we need custom fuzzer?
Because AFL can not fuzz command-line options and environment variables.
Currently we fuzz sinlge input data, and I think we can fuzz more than one
kind of input data at the same time(e.g., fuzz hashes and command-line at
the same time)

Why implement custom fuzzer in the first timeline?
Since fuzzing takes a lot of time, so I think I should implement custom
fuzzer first. Thus, we will have enough time to fuzz and improve the custom
fuzzer

Thanks for your time,

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped