Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 23:40:32 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <>
Subject: Crack 7z format

I want to test 7z format, here are what I think.

1. Use 7-zip to encrypt a file
2. How can I get the password file (like /ect/password and /etc/shadow)
3. Is the password file like the format described as 7z_fmt_plug.c ?
4. When I fuzzed a 7z-hash, how could I know the fuzzed hash is valid or
not ? By the valid()
    function ?  If a fuzzed 7z-hash passes valid() and takes a lot of time
to crack, how should I
    judge the fuzzed 7z-hash whether is a wrong format ?

Thank you in advance.

Content of type "text/html" skipped