Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 23:22:06 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: descrypt speed

On 2015-02-19 20:04, magnum wrote:
> I also did some changes to ensure proper Makefile dependencies for
> opencl_DES_hst_dev_shared.h, so you can now edit that file and be sure a
> simple "make" really rebuilds all files involved.

Just to avoid confusion: The above is true after you pull fe5d7b6 or
later, *and* run ./configure once. After that, you should be pretty safe
just doing "make" after changing headers or pulling updates (that
doesn't add files) but these automagically generated dependecies only
adds headers included from each plugin .c file, not headers that are in
turn included from headers.

I have a version of the "dependency generator" perl script that does
recurse, but it's too prone to wreak havoc. And it's far to dumb to
understand things like this:

#if 0
#include "foo.h"
#endif